For The Boy With Eyes Of Green

There are people that come into your life and tattoo their name on your heart. The scar they leave behind becomes a part of you, forever. Even after they let go of your hand, and you watch them walk away, you know they will remain a part of you. They may fade out, having decided they don't need you anymore, then, silently, just as if time nor distance ever came between you, they fade back in. Surprised to find you waiting....welcoming them back with open arms.
And you say....
"I've missed you".
Even if you know they won't believe you.
Even if you know that they didn't miss you.
"I've missed you".
Even if you know they won't believe you.
Even if you know that they didn't miss you.
Even if you know they'll fade away from you again.
Once upon a time there was just one person in the world for me.
He was it.
He was the fucking world.
His eyes, the color of green, iridescent as the sea, piercing, translucent, like two novas in a sky of dying stars. I became lost in those eyes as he lay above me, so lost.....and I promised a love that would last a lifetime.... and I never break my promises.
My life was the colour of light because of him. His moods were mine. Whatever he wanted, I wanted. The intensity of the love I felt...of the passion he evoked in me..... was the kind I've used to measure every relationship since. The kind of love I've continued to search for hoping that one day, if I'm lucky, I will find again.
My life was the colour of light because of him. His moods were mine. Whatever he wanted, I wanted. The intensity of the love I felt...of the passion he evoked in me..... was the kind I've used to measure every relationship since. The kind of love I've continued to search for hoping that one day, if I'm lucky, I will find again.
The memory of him has stayed.... lingering in the depths of me.... the feel of him, the smell of him ... I believe the smell of a him stayed with me long after he left, the memory of it haunts me still. And if I kiss him again, ever again, I will recognize the taste of him....
so intoxicating...and delicious.
I've walked in his shadow, thru the years that have passed, applauding his successes, making wishes of good luck to the bright stars in the midnight sky, holding up the light to guide him home safely from his journeys....
And even though I know the memory of me has faded in his heart, I hope that in the still of the night, he still remembers the sound of my sighs as I whispered his name.
Once upon a time there was just one person in the world for me.
He was it.

7 Comments:
That was beautiful.
I am going to have an emo heart attack.
PS - You should make audiobooks.
wow - blew me away - very fine writing
I once loved and was loved like that...
Thank you for the reminder.
Such a way with words you have.
Maldición!! no tengo placa de audio en mi PC! TENGO que ir a un ciber!
I was highly impressed, girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home