Friday, August 05, 2005

Nothing Compares To You


I'm in a sad mood. I lied to someone last night. He didn't deserve to be told the truth. I sensed the hurt and a part of me wanted to take it back. But I didn’t. I'm glad I didn’t, because today I found out he lied to me last night too.

I'm feeling kind of lonely today. I think if I was in a room full of people I'd still feel lonely. You know what I would really like right now? To spend time with a friend, who wouldn’t demand too much of me, who would just go with me to a museum, or would enjoy walking on the beach or would just sit with me in an outside table of a cafe and I wouldn’t have to make conversation, we could just be quiet and share a cup of coffee and the newspaper. Maybe I'd still feel lonely, but at least, I wouldn’t be alone.

On my way back from lunch I heard a song on the radio. It doesn’t make me think of one specific person, it just takes me to the many times I've felt that familiar ache in my heart..and how I wish that I won't ever feel it again.....but yet knowing....that I will.



Nothing Compares To You
It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since you took your love away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since you took your love away
Since you been gone I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I choose
I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby where did I go wrong?
I could put my arms around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you
I went to the doctor n'guess what he told me
Guess what he told me
He said girl u better try to have fun
No matter what you'll do
But here's a fool
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you

all the flowers that you planted, mama
In the back yard
All died when you went away
I know that living with you baby was sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you

3 Comments:

Blogger nk said...

This is a very cute post.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn distance, isn't?
I keep this picture in my head: you reading the news, I watching the zone for nothing to disturb you at all while you're reading...
Damn distance... I need a moment like that and a friend to share it.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Miss said...

sometimes the truth is too much for some souls. I have done this, actually quite a bit. I'm not the type of person to hurt someone.. sometimes it has to be done.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home