Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Seasons Of My Life


As the summer comes to an end, and I anxiously anticipate the coming of a new season, I recall some of the events of the past year. I go over the list of New Years resolutions I was so passionate about fulfilling at the beginning of the year and they seem so trivial to me now. Out of the 6 resolutions I listed I found that there was only one, the very last one on the list, which I now feel is the most important. The last couple of months have been a growing period for me, a period of adjustments and self-discovery, and of letting go. I feel as though I have undergone a transformation…the layers of my old inner self slowly peeling away…I can only hope that what emerges is the butterfly I have always wanted to be.

I still want the same things out of life, my desires and dreams continue to be the same, but I am impatient, and no longer wish to wait. I will purchase the house I’ve always wanted, I will take the dream vacations, I will move out of California, I will go back to school and get my Masters, I will say “I love you” to the people that mean the world to me, I will stop saying “one of these days” and instead say “today is the day”.

Life is just so short to live each day waiting.

The resolution at the end of the list.....

Live each day like it was your last.

Landslide

I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing
Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes me bolder
Children get older
And I'm getting older too

Well, I'm getting older too

So take this love and take it down
Yeah, and if you climb a mountain and you turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide brought it down

And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well maybe...
Well maybe...
Well maybe...
The landslide'll bring you down


5 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

This quote has been floating around the internet, and I just found it suiting:

"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted, and loudly proclaiming: "Fuck ME, that was BRILLIANT!"

Take each day by storm, honey.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Uninvited said...

Siempre tomé las palabras de esta canción (Thank you - Alanis Morissette) como una lista de necesidades de fin de año. De más está decir que nunca me salió nada de lo que quise proponerme. Esa falta de firmeza y voluntad es lo que me conduce a la tumba pero ni siquiera en el estado reluciente que menciona María Rocío, sino en un estado de aplastamiento y renuncia.
Me alegran tus logros! Keep it up!

"How 'bout getting off of these antibiotics?
How 'bout stopping eating when I'm full up?
How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?
How 'bout that ever elusive kudo?

How 'bout me not blaming you for everything?
How 'bout me enjoying the moment for once?
How 'bout how good it feels to finally forgive you?
How 'bout grieving it all one at a time?

The moment I let go of it was
the moment I got more than I could handle,
the moment I jumped off of it was
the moment I touched down

How 'bout no longer being masochistic?
How 'bout remembering your divinity?
How 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
How 'bout not equating death with stopping?

(Hey! mi blog cumple un año! Alguien querrá cocinar una torta? Yo llevo las cervezas! :P)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Cisco said...

I've come to relaize that my life is made up of lots of different "stages". At each stage, I shed some part of myself-hopefully the bad parts- and start "all over" again. It is unavoidable.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Moni girl, I have seen you drop to the depths and soar to the mountains, I am so proud of you!! Love you sweetie! Good things are in store for you, i feel it.

I love "Landslide", actually, I was singing it this morning. Anyway, it fits perfectly.

Gabi~ the two best lines from "Thank You":
'how about no longer being masochistic' and 'how about unabashedly bawling your eyes out'

11:23 AM  
Blogger Uninvited said...

Je! Moni, please!! nunca entendi esa frase de la canción: "unabashedly bawling your eyes out", me la traducirías? Así podré entender mejor la sensación de Audrey... Gracias!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home