Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Catholic School Girl Fantasy

Mr. Corra was my U.S. History teacher my senior year of high school. I crushed on him big time. I spent that whole school year fantasizing about that man. He looked exactly like Sting. I would listen to Don't Stand So Close To Me and think "This is our song" and wondered if he thought about me when he heard that song, too.
I would sit across from his desk in the front of the class every day and listen to every word he said. I made sure to get A's in all my tests, I made sure to finish all my assignments. I was the teacher's pet.
He knew I was hot for him. Once, he walked past my desk and whispered "You're day just got a whole lot better, didn't it?"
I laughed, blushed. He smiled.
I was convinced he wanted me too.

Delusions of a teenage girl.

My friends would tease me about my crush on him. "He's so old!" they would say. Old to us back then was 30.
I saw him, once, years later, when I was 23. I walked into a bar in Venice Beach with a few of my girlfriends, I spotted him right away. He was there with a woman.
We sat a few tables away and I called out his name "Marc"....not Mr. Corra, I wasn't a school girl and he wasn't my teacher anymore. He turned and smiled.
He stood up and started walking to our table, I met him half way. He hugged me. I felt his chest against mine and instantly felt the butterflies in my stomach.
"How are you?!"
"It's been so long"
"You were one of my best students"
"You were my favorite teacher"
"I'm here with friends"
"I'm here with a friend"

The woman calls out his name. I can see she's bothered. Maybe, a little jealous.

"Do you come here often"
"Sometimes"
"I'll see you again?"
"I hope so"

The whole time, I knew...I just knew....

If that woman had not been there.....
Ohhhhhh....if that woman had not been there...

Young teacher the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside him there's longing
This girl's an open page
But mark her - she's so close now
This girl is half his age

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet
Temptation, frustration
So bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop, she's waiting
His car is warm and dry

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staff room
The accusations fly
It's no use, he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabakov

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Following on from our comments at Zonaboy's blog about the weird and wonderful google searches that bring people to our blogs...I think you might be in trouble with this entry! Prepare for the dirty mac brigade any second now!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jezebel said...

LOL...I think you might be right!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger sinner said...

Now I know why I wanted to be a history teacher.

Damn.

I used to coach girl's soccer at a high school. That was fun.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jezebel said...

What is it about history teachers that make them so damned hot??? I think I just motivated myself into looking him up!! ;D

8:05 PM  
Blogger maria said...

oh, knowledge, the ultimate afrodisiac. Is it any surprise my Will is a teacher?

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All enduring crushes deserve a shot at reality. I got to take my unattainable high school crush to the bedroom when I was 21. It was the best sexual reality come true.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Shinta said...

Hot For Teacher was my favorite Van Halen Song.

I think History teachers are the hottest, next to English teachers. And it doesn't matter how they dress...

:)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Uninvited said...

Cuando tenía 18 años enseñaba lenguaje Basic (don't laugh! I'm 37 now). Había una chica de 16 que siempre se sentaba en el primer banco y seguía mis manos en la pizarra y me escuchaba atentamente con esos ojos negros enormes y brillantes, la cara apoyada en las manos y una mirada perdida en mi saco azul. Una vez le regalé un corazon rojo que cubría toda la pantalla de la Commodore64 y ella se puso más colorada que la pantalla... allí, frente a todos sus compañeros.
Fuimos felices durante casi dos años. Luego ella me dejó por otro... seguramente era un maestro de historia y no un aburrido estudiante de analista de sistemas.

6:31 AM  
Blogger sinner said...

heya gorgeous. just doing a test here

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home