Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Mask

To Smile would be to betray my heart
To Laugh would hurt every muscle in my body
To make conversation would be idle and only a dispersion of time
To dream would only lead my thought back to you
So it is inevitable that I remember
And relive the vivid moments
Each illuminate smile and tender Hug under love's sublime ruling of my heart
Each reminiscent second dividing and subdividing the remaining fractions of my being
The unknown frailties of the heart will remain as they are
As I tuck them away and don my mask to face the world.
Too proud to show the bruises heartbreak has dealt me
I wear the Mask I have created for myself
A façade that continues to smile through Tribulation and Trouble
Heartache and Failure.
I arise and face the world mask in hand.
Consumed by my desire to overcome
Embodied my need to succeed
I face new tomorrows with a newfound revelation,
That behind this mask lies a woman with
Destiny at her fingertips and Life in the palm of her hand.
Do you where the mask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home